Thursday, March 12, 2015

3/12/15


Photo courtesy: Robert Landau

    Los Angeles's no longer existing Tower Records will be the focus of a new documentary. The iconic record store that used to be Sunset Blvd's social hub for both locals and rock stars will finally be explored in a film. Supposedly, the shop used to be crawling with some of the biggest music stars, including Robert Plant, David Bowie and Stevie Wonder. The excited energy at this location would even cause fights for a spot in their parking lot.
    I'm really looking forward to the release of this documentary since I've been hearing about Tower Records since I was a little kid. From the sound of things I've heard, Tower Records was one of LA's greatest musical highlights, and one of many music fans favorite pieces of LA. It sounds like an amazing place, everyone went there for a common reason which is simply to enjoy music.. I'm excited to watch the film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment