Thursday, March 19, 2015

3/19/15

Source: thekingbulletin.com

    I recently watched the film "The Virgin Suicides", based on the book. A friend of mine recommended it to me, and I noticed it was available to stream on Netflix so I went ahead and watched it. The movie is about five sisters who each end up committing suicide at some point throughout the movie. I truly enjoyed this film. Something that really stood out to me was its way of incorporating songs into the film perfectly. Well, I thought they were incorporated well, at least.
    I liked how the movie was narrated from the perspective of the neighborhood boys, watching the girls closely. The boys closely analyze the sisters' moves throughout the years. The movie leaves a bit of mystery as it is never totally explained why the sisters were depressed enough to kill themselves. The curiosity the film leaves the viewers with makes it all more intriguing.

No comments:

Post a Comment